Logo design trends reflect the individual faces of small businesses, huge corporations, and everything in between, but they also stand in for larger social mores.
Here is a summary of the top 9 logo trends of 2018:
- Responsive, contextual logos
- Architectural inspiration
- Energetic, fun, and funky styles
- Pushing metaphors to the extreme
- Experimental techniques in typography
- Grid-based logos
- Layering and masking of patterns and color
- Simple typography paired with monograms
- Fundamental geometric shapes
1. Responsive, contextual logosvia Studio Mast via Studio Mast via Fabio Ongarato Design via Fabio Ongarato Design via Fabio Ongarato Design via Fabio Ongarato Design via Fabio Ongarato Design via Snøhetta Logo design by ludibes
2. Architectural inspirationvia Savvy via Savvy via Föda via Föda via Savvy Logo design by yukii for Barnegat Oyster Co via Ramin Nasibov via Ramin Nasibov
3. Energetic, fun, and funky stylesvia A Friend Of Mine via Bedow via Perky Bros via Bedow Valigator logo by dan.stiop Cosmic Tea logo by giyan
4. Pushing metaphors to the extremeRun Mfg logo using a lace metaphor, via Perky Bros Run Mfg logo using a lace metaphor, via Perky Bros A tree branch network logo by Dusan Klepic DK™ Body shapes by Arthean Logo inspired by chemical molecules, via InHouse Dots as topography metaphor via A Friend Of Mine
5. Experimental techniques in typographyLogo with boundary lines, via Fabio Ongarato Design Logo with boundary lines, via Fabio Ongarato Design Logotype with a symmetrical rotating element via Design by Tokyo Logo with echo effect, by HeART Logo using 3D experimental technique by Slav-che Logo with extreme negative space via Bond
6. Grid-based logosvia Bēhance via Fabio Ongarato Design Colored grid-based logo by ludibes for Riskby via InHouse via Michael LeymanBēhance via A Friend of Mine
7. Layering and masking of patterns and colorvia Bedow via Bedow via Bedow via Bēhance via Snøhetta via Dom Layton Logo by Cross the Lime via Tiffany Chan Logo by ~pinna~ pour Valk
8. Simple typography paired with monogramsLogo with simple and classic typography by Tee™ pour Jamestown Coffee Roasters via Savvy via Bunch via Perky Bros
9. Fundamental geometric shapesvia Bond Logo by ludibes Logo by zotov.Agency™ for FEEMO via Kurppa Hosk Logo by Angstrom Alliance via Bunch via Bunch
The logo design trends of 2018 promise both exciting elaborations on complex creative themes and back to basics concepts.
Clean, crisp geometric patterns and grids along with experimental typography and layering of patterns and color will make logo design an exciting space to watch.